Dojo Rules and Etiquette
Rules & etiquette that must be followed when training these are as follows:
- Bow when entering & leaving the dojo
- Remove shoes before entering mat area
- Address all instructors as Sensei (Coach)
- Permission must be obtained before leaving the class
- Any member arriving late must raise their hand & wait for permission to join in the class
- Finger & toenails must be kept short & clean
- Gi's (karate uniform) must be kept clean & in good condition, sleeves & trouser legs be the right length. (Belts are not to be worn outside of the dojo)
- Jewelry must not be worn during training, except wedding bands.
- Members must not swear, spit, chew gum or undertake any action likely to offend the etiquette of the dojo
- Always give 110% of yourself while training.
- Members must use control when undertaking partner work
- Cell phones must be on vibrate or turned offwhen training. (Parents and spectators included)
Dojo Rules (Juniors)
Only practice Karate when you are on the Floor.
- No horseplay or fooling around in the Dojo at any time.
- Do not talk or goof off during class.
- Raise your hand to ask a question.
- Call the instructor “Sensei” or Coach.
NOTE: The following guidelines are instituted primarily for the safety and protection of the students.
IMPORTANT: Guests are not permitted to be in class while class is in session so as to minimize distraction to students. Wishing to observe while class is in session are requested to do so in complete silence. Cell phones must be on vibrate or turned off.